Creating an Interactive Website
Technology is growing and evolving at an unprecedented rate, so it’s important to have a business that grows along with it. And a business needs a website that is both engaging and attractive.
Companies can now create websites with brandable extensions such as .store, .tech, .online, etc. This allows a business to stand out from the crowd while letting people know that they’re willing to adapt to change and keep up with trends.
The most important thing when creating a website is ensuring that it’s engaging and can retain someone’s attention. Using different domains is a great way to get people’s attention, but ensuring that your website is engaging enough will get people to stay on your site longer.
The better your website is built, the more likely it is to draw in more business, especially if it’s engaging and easy to use. Below, we go over how to create an interactive website.
What’s an Interactive Website?
An interactive website is pretty self-explanatory. It’s a website that allows users to interact with parts of it. It creates a great customer experience while providing them with something besides scrolling and clicking.
The best interactive websites should provide a sense of user-oriented personalization while being visually engaging. Due to this, people are more likely to draw business to your site and increase traffic.
In fact, 45% of B2B buyers prefer interactive content over anything else on a website, according to HubSpot.
What Kind of Benefits Does an Interactive Website Provide?
There are a number of excellent benefits of having an interactive website. If you currently have a static website, you may want to consider switching over for the following reasons:
- They create a positive impact on the consumer, so the consumer is more likely to recall it later on if they want to make a purchase.
- They are more likely to spend a considerable amount of time on the site compared to a static site.
- They retain a user’s attention while encouraging more interaction.
- People are more likely to recommend your site to others.
- They provide a personalized experience and increase customer satisfaction.
How Do You Create an Interactive Site?
There are a number of interactive site builders out on the market that include forms, social networks, blogs, etc.
CS5 and HTML5 provide minimal and basic interactive website abilities, but their templates aren’t super customizable even if they are time-saving. There are other software and technologies out there that allow you to do a lot more.
What Kinds of Features Should An Interactive Site Have?
Photo by Hal Gatewood on Unsplash
- A Great Visual Design – A great visual design will not only look awesome, but it can help drive traffic and make people remember your brand. You can also increase the number of backlinks you have to make it more compelling to share. It’s important to have functionality on top of the visual flair. Your icon theme, color scheme, and font types will all play a factor in the appearance of your site. It’s important to keep your site consistent across the board.
- Connectivity to Social Media – Making your site easily shareable on social media via links and buttons on the site can play an important role in your website’s social media promotion.
- Keep it Interactive – Pop-up animations, GIFs, and videos are important to not only drawing people in but retaining people’s attention once they get to your site.
- Make It Personalizable – Giving your user the ability to personalize their experience gives you an idea of your customer’s tastes while incorporating any feedback they may have.
- Other Features – There are other popular features you should consider when creating an interactive website, including options like Google Maps, Voting/Polls, Newsletters, search bar functionality, slideshows, a rating system, and internal links.
A successful website includes interactivity and the ability to engage your audience. There are several website builders that can build you a website that is perfect for your business.