Tutorial How to install GBA and NES emulators and much more on r4 3ds ?
As we know, we can play free NDS games thanks to a r4 3ds kaart, but do you know that we can play more kinds of Nintendo games with r4 cards ? In this guide, we will tell you how to install GBA and SNES games with r4 3ds on Nintendo 3ds or 2ds consoles, no matter old or new models, and no matter its firmware version. Besides, we will recommend you some other emulators such as SEGA Genesis, MAME Arcade and more !
Install GBA emulator on r4 3ds card
- Download the GBA emulator for R4 from here: http://ichfly.github.io/gbaemu4DS/.
- Copy 2 files and 2 folders directly into the root of the micro SD after you unzip the GBA emulator file for R4.
- Create at the root, a folder called GAME BOY ADVANCE, inside this folder, you can put all the ROMS GAMEBOY ADVANCE you want.
- Once done, put the SD in your R4, launch the cartridge and launch HBMENU.NDS.
- Choose your GAMEBOY ADVANCE folder in which you will see your games.
- Select the game … and enjoy your games !
To play other old school games, it’s the same way, you just need the download links of different emulators ! I can share a R4 3ds emulators pack here:
You can find many good emulators there, such as SEGA Genesis, MAME Arcade or more:
- NesDS is one of the few NES emulators for DS that I have tested and I have to say, it is the best too. It is almost 100% compatible with all NES ROMs. I have over 900 NES ROMs and I’ve yet to encounter a nonworking ROM.
- SNEmulDS is the best SNES emulator for DS, period. It is made by the same person (archeide) that made the first SNES emulator for the PC about 10 years ago and uses the SnezziDS CPU Core. It has almost perfect ROM compatibility and the sound works great. It also includes many features in the interface and the save state and save SRAM work flawlessly.
As for the r4 card, we have many choices but if you want to play classic gba/sens games, I will recommend R4i sdhc 3ds rts at 18 euros. It has the best compatibility with emulators, although it’s more designed to play free ds games on 3ds consoles.
The ever best flashcart, supercard dstwo plus for retrogaming
The DSTwo flash cart includes an additional onboard CPU and RAM module that greatly increase the quality of game emulation. The flash cart also includes custom GameBoy Advance and Super NES emulators designed by the flash cart maker to take full advantage of the onboard processing power. Main features od DS Two Plus:
- World’s only 4in1 card to support 3DS/GBA/SNES/DS roms in one card.
- Offers both Gateway 3DS and old DSTwo features.
- Made by Supercard team with a very good reputation since long time.
- Lower price than similar competitors but better technology and support.
- Game regions un-locked.
- Offers both 3DS flash cart and NDS flash cart features.
Dstwo Plus card is my best recommendation for playing GBA, SNES and NDS Games on 3DS, 3DS XL and NEW 3DS consoles. Not liking the R4 3ds card, users should search download GBA/SENS emulators online, the Dstwo Plus card has it own exclusive GBA and SNES emulator. And the 2 emulators are fully compatible with the card and with 3DS Family consoles.
However, unfortunately this card is no longer available in the market, it just stoped production from 2018. Maybe you can find it somewhere but the DSTwo costs nearly twice as much as the more economical flash carts such as r4i sdhc 3ds rts.
Ezflash omega, the professional GBA/NES flashcart
If you need a better GBA/GB/GBC/NES gaming experience, you’d better spend more money to buy the ezflash omega flashcard, the professional retro gaming card.
Ezflash omega features:
- GBA game copy and play, no client needed
- Fast patch engine, instant game load speed, additional manual patch engine to support modified rom
- Hardware based direct save to Micro SD card
- Cheats supported
- Save states
- Real time clock
- Hotkey customizable
- 256Mb PSRAM suppot all games, instant load
- 512Mb Norflash, keep your favorite games
- GB/GBC/NES game copy and play
- System on chip level recovery mode, prevent upgrade dead
- Supports FAT16/FAT32/EXFAT
- Supports 128MB to 128GB Micro SD card
- Firmware and kernel both are upgradable
As you have seen, it is a flashcart resembling the R4 3DS card, that is, Ezflash Omega can run GBA games in the Plug and Play way. It gives up complicated handling that we had with Ezflash VI, Ezflash 3 in 1. In short, like what the team Ezflash said, Ezflash Omega is the term of the era GBA !!!
How to run GBA/SNES emulator without flashcard?
Yes, without any flashcard hack. We can hack the 3ds/3ds xl console as well. One of 3ds homebrew exploits we need is Ninjhax 2.9. This ninjhax 2.9 allows us to launch homebrew 2.9, so we can have GBA/SNES/NES emulators to use. Here is the official guide on How to install Ninjhax 2.9 on 3DS/N3DS 10.6.0–31 firmware.
- 1. Go to the get ninjhax section of this page (http://smealum.net/ninjhax/#qrcode) and enter your console’s firmware version.
- 2. Hit submit; you should get your very own ninjhax QR code.
- Download the homebrew starter kit (http://smealum.net/ninjhax/dl/starter.zip) and extract it at the root of your SD card.
- 4. Make sure your 3DS’s wifi connection is enabled and connected to the internet (this is important!).
- 5. Start CUBIC NINJAon your console, choose “Create”, then “QR code”, and finally “Scan QR code”.
- 6. Follow the on screen instructions. You may choose not to install the exploit to your gamecard’s savedata, though doing so is not recommended.