Your Guide to WordPress Hosting and How to Choose the Best for You
Did you know that the first hosted website went live in 1989? Since then, the web hosting market has seen enormous growth. For hosting blogs or simple corporate websites, many companies use content management systems, the most popular CMS being WordPress. Those who haven’t used WordPress hosting are often unsure what it is, its benefits, and how to choose the best hosting provider.
If you are asking yourself these questions, here is everything you need to know:
What is WordPress Hosting?
It is a type of web hosting that has been optimized to better meet the performance and security needs of websites built using WordPress. Although this is not a necessity, it considerably improves loading speed and security. There are generally 2 types of WordPress hosting available:
- Shared Hosting: This offers the most affordable plans. Your website will be sharing the server with other sites. This shared environment is what keeps the cost low. The server would still be optimized for WordPress, which makes them far superior to traditional shared servers.
- Managed Hosting:In this type of hosting, you get a dedicated server; instead of a shared one. This lets you have more control over scalability and server setup. Your website also benefits from improved security and incredibly fast load times.
What are the Benefits of WordPress Hosting?
Some of the main reasons people choose this hosting service in Indiaare:
- Reduced Load Time: If your website loads slowly, not only will visitors be frustrated and leave, but this will also adversely impact its ranking on the Google search page. One of the best ways to reduce the load times is to host your site on WordPress. Even shared WordPress hosting can considerably improve the loading speed.
- Better Security: WordPress provides far superior security than many other hosting service providers. There is also a regular scanning of the blogs and sites, and suspicious files are blocked.
- Regular Software Updates:Many site owners forget to run updates regularly. This can reduce performance and compromise security. With WordPress hosting, you get automatic updates as part of the package.
How to Choose the Best WordPress Service Provider?
The need of the hour is to choose the best hosting service in India. To do this, look for the following:
- The service should offer fast page loading speed. Aim for a load time of less than 2 seconds.
- The uptime should be at least 99%.
- Ensure the provider has a technical support team that is available 24×7. You never know when your website will encounter a problem, and you wouldn’t want to wait for hours to resolve it.
- Choose a provider that offers free pre-designed custom themes. This helps you create a unique identity for your website.
- Also, look for additional features, such as unlimiteddomain hosting, email addresses and disk storage as well as automatic WordPress installation.
- Check out the cPanel dashboard of the provider to ensure that it is easy to navigate and offers quick access to the essential features.
Whether you decide to use shared servers for cost optimization or dedicated servers for optimum control, the best way is to choose a provider that has been recommended by the WordPress.org team for the past several years.